CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 19, 2008

Well they spelled my mother's married name wrong, but she got her news-story!


Since my scanner is broken, I had to take this photo - the concrete is our walk-way outside our condo.

Mother had called me about finding this
farm-house photo; she said they'd had electricity from the wind-mill that was
'out back'.....


Mother wanted the newspaper to create a brief story; she sent me the clipping - told me the story, and I sent it to the Kalamazoo Gazette about a month ago.

Mom 'fretted' - she thought possibly they'd
ignore the information she wanted so badly to have
published.


On Sunday, mother told me "Hey, they printed it - I'm so happy!" Yes, they wrote a brief history, but too bad they couldn't spell our name right (darned movie RAMBO seems to now be the accepted spelling without checking out the fact that Rambow is the original spelling of the name). Oh well, at least mother is happy - I can see her smiling from here.....

0 comments: