CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 7, 2008

OH HOW THEY DANCED....


When mom and dad weren't dancing, it was because my dad was playing his trumpet in the dance-band! Dad played the sweetest trumpet - so like Chris Botti (well-known as of the late 1990's).

Dad played with Larry Rolfe's band - I can't remember their name because dad called them "The Nine Nasty Nose-pickers". I guess Larry and his brother, Stanley would 'pick' their noses - something that really bugged my father. We were given countless lectures as to why one does not pick their nose......

Mom and dad enjoyed dancing at the VFW - they'd have square dances; round dances - what a great time we had when we grew up, and joined them for a few of these great Saturday nights!

I think the only one that has taken to the 'love of dance' with the same gusto, is my sister Nancy - she's the 'next' generation - but the only one who loves to head out each week to find a place to whirl around on that dance-floor (the rest of us chose instruments, and all of us play the piano or guitar).

My brother still entertains people each week - he's as good as Eric Clapton; even has started to 'age' like Clapton .. feature for feature, they look like brothers.

I'm guessing when mom joins dad in heaven, they'll start twirling around together again.

0 comments: