CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 7, 2008

AN ASTONISHING WOMAN - GREAT GRANDMOTHER GRACE - '3-G'S' OF GOODNESS!


We just might use this again - and I'll type the actual words she wrote. Great Grandmother wrote this at age 92.5 years. Great Grandmother was going blind; she would 'space' each line by using her finger to write one line ABOVE her finger - the next line, BELOW her finger so no one would realize her eye-sight was fading fast.

In 1906 when she took 2 hired hands and a flat-bed wagon and headed from Climax, Michigan to Orlando, Florida, it took her a bit over 4 months to complete the journey.

Great Grandmother bought orange groves; 2 homes, and started a 'bed and breakfast' because she felt strongly with the advent of the automobile, the people of the north would head to Florida for their winter holidays - and they did.

Of course this was Breezy's grandmother - as mom tells me more about her memories of both Great Grandmother and Great Grandfather, we will add them here.

I've saved all the letters my great grandmother wrote me - her words have filled me with delight as well as encouragement to 'follow' in her foot-steps; to 'go forward' - to move to where your heart takes you, and to extract as much from your journey as well as reaching your goal.

As in all her letters after each child was born, great grandmother closes with: "Kiss the babies for me"....and of course, I always did.

0 comments: